Inspired Momx1

Friday, November 13, 2009

Instilling Reading Habit

He likes reading Toys'R'Us catalogues too!!

I know I want Ian to love reading because reading is such an important part of education, and more importantly, learning. I am a book lover myself and I still have the habit of reading every night for half an hour before turning off the light. When Ian was still a toddler, he liked to mimic my way of doing things.

During bedtime, he would take a book and lie down beside me and insisted I read at least two pages for him before giving me a good night hug and kiss and retiring to bed. That went on until he was 5 when he started to read with minimal guidance. Being labelled as an overactive child since young, his class teacher was also pleasantly surprised that he could actually sit down and read a book seriously.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home