Inspired Momx1

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Washable Fleece & Suede Sanitary Pads

3 baby pink fleece pads & 2 lavender suede pads

Top & Bottom

The PUL bottom

The top layer



I grabbed 5 pcs of cloth sanitary pads at a discount of 28% from Mama Patch during their recent anniversary sale. In fact, I ordered all fleece pads with only baby blue colour but received an email from Chinnee, the owner of Mama Patch informing me that they had run out of stock due to overwhelming response and offered to send me either the baby pink fleece and suede pads instead. I of course happily accepted as that would let me have the opportunity to try both.

I couldn't wait to try and write a review on my new purchase but it would have to be next month as my menses had just ended.

Well, I started reading this owner's blog since a year or two ago. Although I was aware of the cloth pads that she was selling online, I didn't give it much thought that one day I would be converted as I was skeptical about its absorbality which was my main concern due to the heavy flow of menses I experienced every month.

I was still not a tad convinced to give it a try even when the sale was on but towards the end of the sale, something changed my mind. It was a line I read from the seller's website that had changed my mindset. It said many women reported a decrease in cramping and reduction of flow after switching from chemical ladden disposable to cloths. Menstrual pain (Dysmenorrhea) had followed me since the day I first had it. It stopped after giving birth to my son and made a come back after a year. The pain was just too much to bear and it could go to the extent of not being able to perform normal routine for at least 3 days every month. That's how bad I had been suffered and tortured all these years!

Though I will only know for sure if I would ever get converted to cloth completely until my next menstrual cycle but I am happy to at least move a step forward to give it a try and it feels good knowing that you might be helping the environment every month from now on.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Health Freak Mommy said...

I am very curious to know your outcome too coz I have very very heavy menses too. But I haven't gotten my menses for 2 years since I am still b/f Baby. Do keep us posted on the absorbability and whether it reduces the flow.

April 21, 2010 at 8:56 AM  
Blogger Inspired Momx1 said...

Sure, Shireen. I will write a post about my experience for sure.

April 21, 2010 at 3:32 PM  
Anonymous chinnee said...

gee...just realised you put this on your blog when i was surfing for the cloth pads pic. do share with me your experience on the pads, ok!

September 12, 2010 at 10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home