Inspired Momx1

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Pasta Zanmai @Mid Valley


I went for a lunch meet up in celebration of one of our old friends' birthday, with my boy tagged along at Mid Valley last Saturday.  I suggested Pasta Zanmai after reading a lot of good reviews of the food there.   The food there wasn't disppointing though a bit pricey.


Pasta Zanmai, as the name suggests, a fusion of Italian and Japanese.  And eating pasta with chopsticks...a further enhancement of Japanese experience here.  We ordered two pasta sets and each serving was huge, enough for 2 if you were a small eater and a pizza enough for one which we shared among 4 adults and 1 kid.


Creamy mushroom and clam pasta

This creamy mushroom and clam pasta came loaded with clams and mushrooms and went surprisingly well with the Japanese pasta and creamy sauce.



Japanese mushroom & hot spring egg cream sauce pasta


I loved the egg so much and the pasta tasted even more creamier and smoother after mixing up.  I may be a bit biased when it comes to eggs as I love anything and everything eggs! :)



Chicken Teriyaki Pizza

The thin crust pizza had the sweet appealing taste of teriyaki sauce all over it with grilled chicken, seaweed, mayonnaise, onions and spring onions as its topping.  The other obvious ingredient on the pizza was an egg, in its half-cooked state.  We broke the egg and spread it out on the pizza before serving.  Simply yummilicious!  My boy loved it especially the topping of thinly shredded seaweed.



RM3 per teapot of green tea that comes with 3 cups.   I ordered a glass of Ice Lemon Tea for my boy.  The funny part was when our fourth friend arrived and asked for another cup of which the waiter replied it wasn't the company policy to provide us extra cup. Period. Why couldn't he just offer to bring in another pot at our expense of course than to emphasize on their company policy? Duh..


The pasta sets come with a bowl of salad and miso soup.


After lunch, we went walking around snapping photos of X'mas decor the mall had put up before going for a tea break at Delicious.  

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Hayley said...

Wow yummy yummy!! I went only once, kinda miss it now.. =_=

December 7, 2010 at 8:53 AM  
Blogger Yannie said...

I never been there before, because I seldom went to Mid Valley, when I went to KL. Will plan a trip there in future. Thanks for sharing this.

December 7, 2010 at 10:08 AM  
Blogger Mommy to Chumsy said...

oh i love pasta zanmai. yeah i agree it's quite pricey but yummy :D

December 7, 2010 at 10:47 AM  
Blogger slavemom said...

Nvr been to this restaurant b4. A fusion of Italian and Japanese sounds interesting.

December 7, 2010 at 1:06 PM  
Blogger Alice Law said...

Oh yes, I heard the food was rather pricey. Nevertheless it's good to give it a try once in a blue moon!^-^

December 10, 2010 at 5:07 PM  
Blogger Annie Q said...

Went there once, to me the food was good, but my hub not really like it.

December 14, 2010 at 3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home