Inspired Momx1

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Car Caught On Fire!

Bursting into flames

Thick, black smoke billowing from the burning car


We caught this on camera when heading down from Genting last Saturday.   No other cars were involved except this Renault MPV that went up in flames in the middle of the road heading up Genting and it led to a massive jam that stretched few kilometres down the scene.

This accident flashes back memory when I first got my first car, a Proton Satria, 15 years ago.  The incident happened just two weeks after collecting my "brand new" car.  I was only about a km from home when smoke started coming out from the air-cond blower of my car and that really scared the hell out of me.  I quickly turned off the air-cond.  With the smoke still coughing out, I continued my journey home.  I called Proton the moment I got home and was asked to take the car back for inspection and the result....  There was wiring problems with some of the cars of my batch and a rewiring was the only solution.  O.O.  I thought I saw a QC approved sticker somewhere on my car window.  And it took them 2 weeks to fix things up.  I should count my blessing though that the car didn't go up in flames instantly like the above incident. ^_^

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Renault? And they say imported cars are better??? It seems they're more or less the same - read about all the problems with Toyota cars in the US, all recalled and what not. Well, I can't afford a new car anyway...so doesn't matter to me. Sobs!!!

November 22, 2010 at 1:18 PM  
Blogger Alice Law said...

My husband was stucked on Friday evening due to cars accident too, he was on his way back from K.Lipis to K.L. Same stretch at Genting I suppose, it's probably an accident prone area! Luckily you weren't caught in jam!

LOL, Proton cars always create problems... tell me a bout it, I have Iswara and its tonometre down 1 week after I collected the car from Shah Alam!=_=

Have a nice day!

November 22, 2010 at 2:10 PM  
Blogger Yannie said...

So scary scene, got anyone killed in the accident or not?

November 22, 2010 at 2:11 PM  
Blogger Small Kucing said...

omgh...this is the one that cause the 6km traffic jam is it?

btw, thanks for following me in my old blog. I have moved my blog to www.smallkucing.com.Hope to see you there and do update you bloglist ya.

Thanks

November 22, 2010 at 2:41 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

Oh my, it's scary incident. Hope there is no casualty. It's wise to bring the car for inspection before any long journey. Be safe than sorry.

November 22, 2010 at 3:08 PM  
Blogger Agnes CF Lee said...

thanks for adding me to your blogroll, will add you too!

It is very worrying looking at the flame. Hopefully there is no one hurt.

November 22, 2010 at 3:23 PM  
Blogger Annie Q said...

oh no..it look scary, hope no one injured.

November 22, 2010 at 4:14 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

omg!! the 1st pic enuff to freak me out. any victims?? :((

November 23, 2010 at 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home