Inspired Momx1

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Am I Too Rigid To My Boy??

One evening, my boy came running down from the bathroom upstairs, naked.  He was in tears and blood was oozing from one of his fingers.  Apparently, he was in shower when he accidentally knocked my bottle of foundation, it fell on the floor and broke.  He cut his finger when trying to clear the glass on the bathroom floor. The first thing that blurted out from his mouth when he saw me was:  Mommy, I broke your make-up bottle, are you sad with me,  looking at me with a terribly sorry expression on his face,  his hands still holding the other hand with the cut finger still oozing out blood...  He sighed a big relief when I told him it didn't matter at all.  He then told me how worried he was when he broke the bottle, fearing I would get upset with him.  He only felt the  sting of pain on his finger when I asked him.  My eyes teared to see him like this.

What saddened me the most, he cares so much for my feeling when he makes a mistake and that includes when he is in pain.  I should be happy that I raise a loving son but I AM NOT.   Why can't he react like what most kids do, to cry his lungs out first when he is in pain and not to bother about clearing the mess and others' feelings, at least that should come later..  

Am I raising a kid who on earth only cares how others feel and not himself?  Am I raising a kid who doesn't have a mind of his own and only cares to please others?  Am I too inflexible in parenting my boy and thus raising a boy with 'easily give-in' character?  How can he survive in this cruel world when he gives in so easily without even putting up a fight?  I know I think too much........

9 Comments:

Blogger Small Kucing said...

what ever will be will be

May 8, 2012 at 3:28 PM  
Blogger mNhL said...

Human are flexible. We can survive no matter how. U must believe in him :D

Ian is such a thoughtful boy.

May 8, 2012 at 4:49 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

There's no right or wrong in parenting. Just follow your mother instinct.

May 8, 2012 at 5:02 PM  
Blogger Yannie said...

You are definitely thinking too much. Ian loves you, that's why he cares for your feeling more than himself. I am sure he won't be like this to everyone. Remember he is a very brave boy, who was able to defense himself when his friend bullied him at school.

May 8, 2012 at 5:24 PM  
Anonymous mommy to chumsy said...

every one is different. Ian is good boy with a good heart. it is great that he cares of others. he'll go a long way. you have taught him well. i am sure Ian knows what to do when faced with problems.

May 9, 2012 at 9:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dear, he your only child right... He loves you very much.. I think my William will grow up like him, coz he always put me first too... Heheheh. It is ok, so along as he feels like this with you, maybe with other people he won't be like this.

May 9, 2012 at 4:51 PM  
Blogger Merryn said...

Don't question too much, instead, be proud that you raised such a caring boy. Ian's reaction just proved that he is better than many other kids out there.

May 10, 2012 at 11:53 PM  
Anonymous chinnee (chinneeq@gmail.com) said...

poor u. u must be so worried if your boy will be weak emotionally and taken advantage by others later in life.

You must believe that he will meet many kind souls too who will assist him to achieve whatever he need in live :)

May 12, 2012 at 9:06 PM  
Anonymous Molly Richardson said...

It almost got me to tears because the little boy acted just the same as I would if I were his age and in the same situation. You reacted reasonably as a loving mother.

May 15, 2012 at 11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home