Inspired Momx1

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Seng Huat Bak Kut Teh (BKT Under The Bridge), Klang

Ian with yeh yeh and mah mah

My camera battery went flat after snapping the above photo of Ian with his grandparents. The photos that followed were taken from Ah Xian's food blog.



More popularly known as BKT Under The Bridge
 (Not exactly under the bridge as the name suggests, just next to it)


Last Sunday, mom in-law suggested that we went for Bak Kut Teh for dinner and specifically named Kedai Makanan Seng Huat as her target for BKT.  She had been craving for the long meaty bone after watching Ah Xian's replayed food program being screened on TV in the morning and the scene of Ah Xian enjoying the meaty bone just made her drooled.  Haha.. mom in-law is really one authentic "wai sek mau", huh..:P

Kedai Makanan Seng Huat or more popularly known as Under The Bridge BKT is one of the oldest Bak Kut Teh located in the older part of Klang.  I have heard so much about this shop from my ex-colleague who is a local there but have never gotten around eating there.



This long bone is what mom in-law dies for..
I think this portion costs us RM6.50 or was it R8.50?
The meat was tender, fall-off the bone type

Rice mixed with fried shallot for fragrant taste



The above picture shows Ah Xian holding a bone with dangling and falling-off tender meat. Simply delicious!  Guess this was the salivating scene that caught mom in-law's attention!

The soup base didn't taste as much herbal presence as the ones that we had at Yi Seng Ge Restaurant in Kelana Jaya, PJ.  You can't really taste the herbs in comparison but it tastes more of soy sauce instead which is not to my liking. Father in-law shared my sentiments while mom in-law and hubby said it was good.

Other than the long meaty bone, we also ordered yau tiao, lettuce, braised chicken feet, mixed BKT (innards, mushrooms and such) in claypot for 2, tau fu pok and tea.  All these items that we ordered other than the BKT in claypot came in individual porcelain bowls. The bill came to around RM50 for 4 adults and 1 kid, not too bad I guess.

The nearest train station (Klang station) is just less than 5 minutes walking distance away, so just hop onto a train on the day when you crave for BKT!



Location :
SENG HUAT BAK KUT TEH
9, Jalan Besar, Klang.
Business hours : 7.30am – 12.30pm, 5.30pm – 8.30pm
Telephone : 6012-309 8303.


Location Map

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Mummy Gwen said...

I never been to Klang for BKT. Aiyo.."lau hau sui" already tim..haha. Your boy is so big already. :)

July 18, 2010 at 1:09 AM  
Blogger Health Freak Mommy said...

Yummy, the fall-off meat from bone looked so alluring! I must try this if I go to Klang.

July 18, 2010 at 6:43 AM  
Blogger Caroline said...

BAK KUT TEH my fav!!! haha Ian so cute thr! :D

July 18, 2010 at 11:26 AM  
Blogger Hayley said...

I watched the intro by Ah Xian too!
And you know what, my father's name is Seng Huat too! muahahaha :D I realised elderly likes the name Seng, Huat, Hock etc etc.. (okay sorry, I know I was out of topic :P)

Yummy bak kut teh!

July 18, 2010 at 11:33 AM  
Anonymous suituapui said...

Oh? Jason went there too? Must be good then. Yum! Yum! Been hearing about Klang bak kut teh for ages...never had the chance to try!

July 18, 2010 at 12:13 PM  
Blogger Shenny's mommy said...

Haha..it is such a long time we do not patronize BKT under the bridge in Klang. Our last visit was many years ago.
We went to try BKT at back of Hokkien Association in Klang 3 month ago. This one tasted nice too but BKT under the bridge is old brand. :)

July 18, 2010 at 12:21 PM  
Blogger Reanaclaire said...

now i know what to take for dinner.. hahaha... was thinking just now what to eat.. :)

July 18, 2010 at 8:02 PM  
Blogger ~LiLHypPo's mUMmy~ said...

I too prefer my BKT to taste more herbal-y :D

This looks delicious!! Been so long since I last had BKT. Must go eat 1 fine day :P

July 19, 2010 at 1:22 AM  
Blogger Inspired Momx1 said...

Mummy Gwen: Haha... BKT is one of my favs.

HealthFreakMommy: Yes, worth a try esp. the fall-off bone.

Caroline: Come, come, come.. lets go together next time.

Hayley: R you sure the shop name was not named after your dad?:P

Suituapui: Come, come.. if you happen to be in KL, let me know,ok?

Shenny's mommy: O, yes.. Klang is flooded with BKT shops..

Claire: Now I know what you had for dinner.:P

Lilhyppo's mummy: I like the fall-off bone the most.. Yums..

July 20, 2010 at 5:05 PM  
Blogger Annie Q said...

Yummy!!! Now you make me craving for BKT!! I like my BKT taste more herbal too. There is one quite good at Taman Midah, with very rich "dong kwai" taste, i like that so much. Yum!!!

Ok, i better stop talking about BKT, make me drool more.

July 21, 2010 at 12:32 PM  
Blogger Inspired Momx1 said...

Annie: Hehehe.. BKT.. my all time fav.:P

July 21, 2010 at 3:03 PM  
Blogger coffeesncookies said...

RM8.50 per portion is very cheap. we had to pay RM14 for a small portion at bao xiang pavilion.

July 21, 2010 at 10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home