Inspired Momx1

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Kids' School Shoes

As my boy enters his second year of primary school, I have gained some valuable experience in choosing the right and gorgeous school shoes.  When he first went to primary school last year, I got him two pairs of school shoes and let him wore them alternately throughout the week.    I discovered that frequent washing of the shoes would have worn them out faster.  One tip for parents who are shopping for school shoes for their kids.   If you choose to buy the velco type for convenience and easy use, do choose the biggest straps available for stonger bond.  I made a wrong choice choosing the wrong design coupled with double/triple velco straps and frequent washing, the bond literally weakened after only a few months.   My boy started complaining about his "loosen" shoes after only three months wearing them.  He told me that he had to adjust the straps every now and then and even shared with me on one incident, quite hilarious I would say.  It was during PE session that his teacher asked him and his mates to run as fast as they could if they wished to get shortlisted for participation in the upcoming Sports Day.  His shoes gave way and shot ahead of him a split-second approaching finishing line. LOL..

I learned my lesson and with less washing and bigger velcro straps, he still wears his current pair of shoes after 8 months.  When the shoes get too black/dirty, I apply a coat of shoe white on them and they will look clean again.


Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These days, they grow so big so fast...and the same goes with the feet. Anyway, the shoes these days do not seem to last very long...so have to buy new ones very often.

March 12, 2011 at 8:01 AM  
Blogger yvonne said...

Lol! That's a real funny incident! I would opt for velcro strap for easier fitting, but it seems there's a downside of it. Sigh...

March 12, 2011 at 9:22 AM  
Blogger Alice Law said...

I always prefer velcro straps!;D

March 12, 2011 at 9:57 AM  
Blogger Mummy Gwen said...

I thought more velcro straps is better tim.

March 13, 2011 at 1:37 AM  
Blogger Hayley said...

LOL, really hilarious incident :P He must be feeling 'paiseh' lo...

March 14, 2011 at 8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home