Inspired Momx1

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Art Of Talking

While walking back to the car after picking up my boy last evening, I overheard a mother in front of us questioning her daughter on her performance, yesterday was the first day of exam.

How's your exam today? Fail la.. sure fail la...
The daughter, continued walking with her head almost down to her neck just kept mum.
The mother wouldn't stop and continued on with her "Chanting"... How?? Tell me how???  Fail la... sure fail la..
The daughter:  .................

Me:  *Speechless*  It's just the first day of exam and the result was not even known yet..  I don't blame the kid for her silence.  What more can the kid do to defend herself with words when the mother herself has concluded her as being nothing but a failure?  Thought we should boost our kids' confidence with words of encouragement than chanting Fail la... sure fail la..... Gosh!

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger mNhL said...

Poor girl. Sometimes, those chanting really hurts and puts down their confidence. Hope the girl did well and proof her mother wrong.

October 20, 2010 at 3:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't really like to ask my boys about the exams, instead i always how their days in school... i bet happy children are more important than the result itself,,,hahahah.only my thoughts lah

take care now

October 20, 2010 at 3:15 PM  
Blogger Yannie said...

"Kesien" the girl. This mother is so bad and irritating. Didn't she know to say something positive to her own child?

October 20, 2010 at 3:21 PM  
Blogger Reanaclaire said...

aiyoh!! someone should tell the mother.."hey, u r the one who fail la!! how can u discourage your own daughter?? U fail la!!!"

gosh.. so kiasu one..

October 20, 2010 at 11:30 PM  
Blogger coffeesncookies said...

that's very very sad.. a condemning mother will raise an insecure and negative child. If I know her I have a good mind to send her the book The Secret.. If she keep saying sure fail sure fail, the child will fail the exam for her ! very sad !

October 21, 2010 at 12:08 AM  
Blogger Alice Phua said...

It is going to be heart-wrecking and esteem-wrecking for the poor girl. I can feel for her as I also experienced that sort of thing when I was still staying with my parents as my parents like to condemn when they are not happy about something.

October 21, 2010 at 12:54 PM  
Blogger Annie Q said...

aiyo...how can that mummy said something that is so discouraging, if i am the little girl, i will feel very sad.

I hope next time i don't become one like that, nagging on my boys.

October 21, 2010 at 3:16 PM  
Blogger eng eng said...

Poor little girl, her mom should not said like that, the girl really hurt.

October 21, 2010 at 8:45 PM  
Blogger Alice Law said...

I feel sorry for the girl! I reckon it's all parents responsibility to boost their child's self esteem and confidence... if my kids fail to get good marks for their exam, I'll try my best to make them feel and have confidence that they can actually get 100 marks for the exam!:D

Have a wonderful weekend!

October 22, 2010 at 12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home