Inspired Momx1

Thursday, July 29, 2010

New Addition To Book Collection





I bought my boy a story book from the Enid Blyton's collection at Popular Bookstore on a Friday about a month ago.  I talked him out of buying Ben 10 book series this time and he seemed okay with my suggestion.

To us, Friday means bye bye... homework and revisions and Yay.. a big welcome to the approaching weekends! Our favourite spot after school will be to head for dinner at Madam Lim's or Ikea and  then my boy will either be sent to Ikea Playland while I have my ME time enjoying a cuppa cappucino at the restaurant.  On other Fridays, my boy will be seen sitting on the carpet floor at Popular's kids section browing books while the mommy dashes off to her preferred book section. I know, sounds very boring... but I am a bored person.. can't help it.. it's in the blood..:P

He has since finished reading the whole book and I am happy that he is slowly graduating to books that are of minimal pictures and seems enjoy reading Enid Blyton's.  This is the 5th (or was it 6th) book he has read so far.  We used to borrow the books from the nearby library but the availability of book titles from the collection there are somewhat scarce and limited.

I can see myself buying more and more Enid Blyton's to add to my boy's book collection and why not, it costs only RM9.90 each in contrary to Ben 10 series where I have to fork out more than RM10 for one.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This is so cool,,,Ben 10,,no good lah, another may be you might interested in giving to your boy,,,,,,Wimpy Kid,, nice one too.

I am happy for you, start them in books,you will never regret it,,, my lil one loves reading so much,and he tops in the class in quiz and story telling,,,,kkeekeek,, boastful a bit but i am so very proud of him lah

July 29, 2010 at 3:23 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

eih! i love Enid Blyton's books! :D i have quite a numbers of it too! :D

July 29, 2010 at 3:34 PM  
Blogger Mummy Gwen said...

I will introduce Enid Blyton's books to Gwen when she starts reading. :)

July 29, 2010 at 3:48 PM  
Blogger Inspired Momx1 said...

Eugene: Wimpy Kid.. will keep this in mind on my next visit to bookshops. Not boasting larr. sharing is the correct word. Your boy is indeed smart leh..:P

Caroline: Really.. Wanna sell off? I am interested. Let me know ya..

Mummy Gwen: They are good books.. I read them when I was in primary too.

July 29, 2010 at 4:24 PM  
Blogger mNhL said...

No la...u r not boring. You deserved to have your ME time also ma.

Nice collection of books. When YX knows how to read, I will invest books for him.

July 29, 2010 at 5:01 PM  
Anonymous suituapui said...

Ah! The Elves and the Shoemaker... I think my daughter had the video. Can't remember, so long already. LOL!!!

July 29, 2010 at 7:37 PM  
Blogger Reanaclaire said...

I have a few enid blyton books with me here.. my girl doesnt like to read.. during my time, enid blyton is considered very prestigious..i couldnt afford to buy even one.. all borrowed by library and frens.. :)

July 29, 2010 at 8:54 PM  
Blogger Small Kucing said...

I love enid blyton books

December 16, 2010 at 3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home