Inspired Momx1

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Time For A Change

I have been driving my mini MPV for almost 7 years now.  It died on me twice throughout the years I own it.

The first time was on my boy's first day of preschool.  It was an orientation day for the children that lasted 2 hours so I tagged along father in-law.  After hanging around at the kindy for a while and seeing him settled in quite comfortably, we went for breakfast at a coffeeshop within the neighbourhood.  While on our way back to the kindy after breakfast, I sensed some abnormalities of my car from the engine sound that prompted me to pull the car to the side of the road before it stalled. 

We were running late to fetch the boy and worrying sick that the boy would cry, I turned the key frantically that I almost broke it, helplessly hoping the engine would start but to no avail. That left me with no choice but to flag down a passing cab and send father in-law off to the boy's kindy.   I then called AAM for its towing service and they arrived almost 4 hours later!  Gosh! How I wished I had My Mechanic at that point in time.  Hubby arrived not long after but he couldn't do much as the engine just wouldn't start.  I was RM1,800 poorer when I claimed my car from the workshop.  The problem lied on the broken timing belt but then I only had had it replaced slightly over a year ago!  Blame it on bad luck, guess those part wasn't state farm approved. Dang!

The second time my car engine died on me was a few months ago when my boy have had his first day of exam.  We were on our way to school and the car engine died about 500m from our destination.  As we were running late, I ran my boy to the school before walking back to my car to try my luck.  Vroom.. Vroom.. Wow, words couldn't explain how relieved I was at that split of seconds, not for long though.  The engine died again in front of the traffic light, a mere 500m away before I could reach My Mechanic.  Hubby was not in town so I had to keep a cool head.  I got out from the car, dug out my triangle reflector from the boot, put it a distance behind my car and locked the car before I jogged to the nearest workshop.  This time, they suspected of weak battery, had the battery changed but still the temperature meter shot up, in the end they changed the cooling fan motor and problem solved.  So, bye bye RM600++.

Don't you think I need to have my car changed? *wink*  Any sponsors? Mr Jack(Pot), will you pleassseee?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Reanaclaire said...

That is scary.. i mean car stalling in the middle of nowhere or on the road..
by the way, can you drop me an email at reanact(at)gmail.com?
Thanks!

October 2, 2011 at 12:25 AM  
Blogger Chinneeq said...

if need so much money to maintain a car (plus the risk of stuck in emergency during rushing hour), it is really not worth keeping it hor.....

October 3, 2011 at 10:21 AM  
Blogger Inspired Momx1 said...

Claire: Thanks, sent an email to them and awaiting reply. :)

Chinnee: Yalorr.. really not worth keeping but then buying a brand car is a big investment.. Hmmmm...

October 4, 2011 at 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home